IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNING: RECALL NOTICE
The following items are being recalled because of a possible risk of explosion:
Gas cylinders sold or filled by Halton AutoGas (Halton Gas) at Unit 4 Deacon Road, Widnes WA8 6EG.
This recall notice applies only to gas cylinders/bottles sold by or filled by Halton Autogas (Halton Gas) before the 5th February 2021, regardless of the colour of the bottle or the brand name on the bottle.
1.Consumers who have asked for Butane or provided a Butane cylinder/bottle may have received Propane/LPG gas instead. Propane should not be used indoors and should not be connected to Butane only appliances because of the risk of explosion.
2. The method used by the above trader to fill the cylinders/bottles may have led to bottles of both Propane/LPG or Butane having been overfilled, creating a potential explosion risk, even if the bottles are used or stored outdoors.
Action Required By Consumers:
• Stop using the cylinders/bottles immediately.
• Disconnect the cylinder/bottle and store in a ventilated area.
• Call 0800 574574 – Flogas Britain who is coordinating this recall on behalf of Halton Borough Council – Trading Standards.
• Flogas Britain will arrange pick up and replace any identified cylinders free of charge.
Other cylinders inspected and filled via the manufacturer are not included in this recall notice. In this case, Cylinders appear to have been filled outside of the normal testing, inspection and rigorous safety management procedures undertaken by suppliers of Butane and Propane/ LPG. Cylinders of Butane and Propane/LPG are extremely safe when they are filled using approved and verified safe systems.
As such, there are currently no concerns regarding gas cylinders supplied by any other distributor.
If you or somebody you know has been caught out by a scam or fraud please contact one of our specialist officers, Linda or Sue on 0151 511 8785 or 0151 511 8775, who are already working with people in Halton who have lost thousands of pounds to scams.
If you need advice on anything else please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline or 0808 223 1133